Welcome to the Bangkok St Andrew’s Society!
We are the oldest of the 4 “loyal” societies in Thailand, established in 1890 by a small group of expatriate Scots in what was then Siam. Over the years we have developed but remain true to our original founding cause of being a Society for Scots, those of Scots descent and those with an interest in Scotland and Scottish culture.
The Society’s year revolves around 3 major social events: The Burns Supper in late January, The Family Fair Kiddies Highland Games in September, and culminating with The St Andrew’s Ball in late November.
The 2018-2019 St Andrew’s Society Bangkok Committee are:
- James McLeary (Chieftain)
- David Cumming (Vice-Chieftain)
- Kirsty Hastie Smith (Secretary)
- Karen Burr (Treasurer)
- Simon Ramsay (Committee – Membership)
- Moray Nicol (Committee – Sponsorship)
- Alex Baker (Committee – Sponsorship)
- David Morton (Committee – Golf)
- John McTaggart (Committee)